Do you have a nervous dog during fireworks season? Some dogs are really bothered by all the noise. If your dog acts scared around fireworks noise, there are some things you can do to ease your pet's stress:
- Try to keep your pet in an interior room of the house or even the basement, where the noise will be quieter.
- Keep some background noise, such as the tv or radio, on in the background to cover outdoor noise.
- Take walks early in the day before fireworks enthusiasts begin their fun. Make sure you keep your dog leashed so that a surprise noise won't make your dog run off.
- Don't baby your pet when they're afraid. Just act normal and your calm energy may soothe your dog.
- If all else fails, talk with your vet about a light sedative to help your dog...