"What a busy week!" How many times have I heard someone say that?! Everyone has a full plate to deal with. It doesn't matter if you are a business owner, a full-time employee, a stay-at-home parent, a student... most people are busy and the days fill up. So how do you fit in some "ME" time when there's always so much to be done?
- Plan. If you don't plan some time for yourself, it will never happen. Pick a day and time and schedule it on your calendar. Plan everything else around it, but save that time for yourself. Don't run errands, don't do housework, don't catch up at the office; do something that is fun or relaxing for yourself, even if you just sit and read a book!
- Say No. We tend to take on too many things that we really don't have time for or even want to do. Say no to the extra stuff people ask you to do. If you have trouble saying NO, read my blog on just saying no.
- Don't worry about what other people think. Why do we care so much what other people think? I don't know, actually! I guess it's ingrained in most of us to be people-pleasers. But most people don't have the time to spend thinking about you and what you're doing or not doing. And even if someone talked about you, who cares!
- Delegate. You don't need to do everything yourself. Many times other people can do a good job, too, so let them do it! If you think you're the only one who can possibly make everything turn out right, you need to think again. Believe me, I'm one of those people who thinks if you want it done right, you need to do it yourself. But I have learned to delegate and I'm amazed at how the right person doing the right job is a wonderful thing. I'm good at finding those people and you just might be, too.
In your busy life, plan a little time for yourself. You deserve it!
If a brief conversation about your to-do list and how I can help would be valuable, please call me or drop me a line.
Wishing you continued success.
Juli (Omaha's Girl Friday Concierge)
(402) 898-0746 or firstname.lastname@example.org